You must pay Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) if you buy a property or land over a certain price in England and Northern Ireland.
Stamp Duty Land Tax
You pay the tax when you:
- buy a freehold property
- buy a new or existing leasehold
- buy a property through a shared-ownership scheme
- are transferred land or property in exchange for payment, e.g. you take on a mortgage or buy a share in a house
How much you pay depends on whether the land or property is:
- residential and whether you’re a first-time buyer
- non-residential or mixed use
You can use HM Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC) Stamp Duty Land Tax calculator to work out how much tax you’ll pay.
Get in touch
Call us on Benfleet: 01268 755252 / Hockley: 01702 200666 or send us a message...