RENTING A PROPERTY THROUGH WILLIAMS & DONOVAN
Williams & Donovan is an established company with a proud track record of working with reputable individual and corporate landlords to match tenants to properties.
So, whether you’re looking for a one-bed studio flat or a family house, you should check out our portfolio of properties to let in Hockley, Rochford, Southend on Sea, Westcliff on Sea, Leigh on Sea, Benfleet, Thundersley, Hadleigh, Bowers Gifford, Basildon and neighbouring areas.
Once we have helped you find your ideal home our dedicated staff at either our Hockley or Benfleet offices will pull out all the stops to ensure everything progresses as smoothly and efficiently as possible, providing advice and assistance at every stage and on every aspect of your move.
At Williams & Donovan we endeavour to make the renting process as straightforward as possible:
- First, we arrange to show you around your chosen property (or properties).
- Once you decide which one suits you best we ask for a holding deposit and the appropriate fee to hold it for you. On receipt we take the property off the market and cancel any other planned viewings.
- Next we send you a simple and straightforward application form which you should fill in and return within 48 hours. Alternatively, you can fill one in at our Hockley or Benfleet office.
- At this point we initiate the necessary reference checks and, assuming they’re satisfactory, we arrange the tenancy signing, the deposit payment and the balance of the first month’s rent in advance. (Please note: if reference checks prove unsatisfactory because of incorrect information on your application form you will lose your initial agency fee.)
- We then arrange a mutually convenient time and date for you to move in.
- Last, but by no means least, we meet with you to sign all the documents, give you your copy of the inventory, and hand over the keys to your new home!